This site (rocklobsterjewellery.co.uk) is owned and run by Rock Lobster Ltd. Our registered office and main trading address is Po Box 2042 Pershore WR10 9ER. You are able to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any privacy concerns or customer enquiries.
Personal Data collected:
We like to give our customers an excellent online experience when visiting our website, in order to do this we collect and store personal information about you. This allows us to let you know about product, service or administrative changes within the business, as well as for marketing purposes.
We gather this information in the following ways:
- Create an account or subscribe to rocklobsterjewellery.co.uk.
- Use our online services and place orders.
- When you sign up to special offers and competitions.
- When you interact with us on social media or digital advertising.
- You attend an event hosted or sponsored by us.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience - your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website - we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service - your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions - your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails - the email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
- For marketing purposes - the email address provided will be used for marketing material such as competitions, seasonal promotions, sales, events, etc. We do not believe in spamming with pointless or irrelevant emails.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers. We will only see the payment type in case issues arise.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
If you wish to withdraw your consent to use 'Your Personal Data', please find the latest email campaign you received from us, at the bottom of the email you will find a link which reads "unsubscribe from this list". Or alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com asking us to withdraw your details from our database.
If at any point, you want to access your personal information and manage your marketing preferences, please open the latest email campaign and at the bottom of our email you will see the link "update your preferences" whereby you will be taken to your personal account on Mailchimp (our email provider).
To access your personal information on our website, please log in to your account and assess the information collected on there.
Your Legal Rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possbile, to transmit that data directly to another data controller where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Last update: May 24th, 2018 to comply with new regulations set forth by GDPR.
Contact us or email us - firstname.lastname@example.org